DESFA organizes the second edition of its Hydrogen Day, themed: “Hydrogen Networks: Transforming Vision into Action".
This one-day conference will be held in Athens, on Tuesday, November 7th 2023, from 9.30 to 17.30 at the Benaki Museum (138 Pireos & Andronikou St.).
With hydrogen playing a crucial role in achieving the European Union’s climate objectives and the transition to Net-Zero, our main objective this year is to engage in a constructive dialogue regarding upcoming regulatory and policy evolutions for hydrogen, while delving into the decarbonization roadmaps for the gas grids that will support the emerging hydrogen market, with a special focus on Southeast Europe and Greece.
Discover the agenda:
09.00 - 09.30: Registration
09.30 - 11.00: Welcome note & Keynote Speeches
- Maria Rita Galli, CEO, DESFA
- Aristotelis Aivaliotis, General Secretary of Energy & Natural Resources, Ministry of Environment & Energy
- Maria Spyraki, Member of the European Parliament (v)
- Dimitris Fourlaris, Second Vice-President, RAEWW (v)
- Jorgo Chatzimarkakis, CEO, Hydrogen Europe (v)
11.00 - 12.00: Panel 1: The EU framework
Timeline and main aspects of the EU framework; How gas infrastructure operators see the new scene; From gas transmission to hydrogen transmission, challenges and opportunities; Setting a decarbonization roadmap for the infrastructure.
- Piotr Kus, General Manager, ENTSOG
- Andris Piebalgs, Senior Fellow, Florence School of Regulation, former Commissioner for Energy and for Development
- Piero Ercoli, Executive Director Decarbonization Unit, Snam
- Olivier Bucheli, Principal Advisor Technology, Hydrogen Europe
- Moderator: Gerasimos Avlonitis, Senior Director, Market & System Development, DESFA
12.00 - 12.30: Coffee break
12.30 - 13.30: Panel 2: The SE hydrogen corridor
Local hydrogen networks vs an EU interconnected backbone; The design of a SE H2 corridor; Creating a supply hydrogen route for Europe.
- Andrea Bombardi, Executive Vice President, Carbon Reduction Excellence, RINA
- Maria Sicilia, Chair, European Hydrogen Backbone; Director, Investment Planning and Control, Enagás
- Theodoros Tsakiris, Associate Professor of Geopolitics and Energy Policy, University of Nicosia’s Business School
- Kleopatra Avraam, Strategic Planning Senior Manager, DESFA
- Moderator: Sara Piskor, Director for Strategy Policy and Communications, ENTSOG
13.30 - 14.15: Lunch Break
14.15 - 15.00: Live demonstration on stage by Dimitris Kouloumasis (Mr. Chem), MSc in Chemistry, Professor at Leontios School in Nea Smyrni
15.00 - 16.15: Panel 3: The market needs
Hydrogen supply and demand forecasts for Greece; The current prospects and the ongoing hydrogen projects; The barriers and expected support.
- Ioannis Dimitriou, Founder, IDEA SA
- George Mitkidis, Head Alternative Energy & Renewable Fuels, Motor Oil Hellas
- Alexander Karyotakis, Director of Strategic Development, New Energy Sectors and Concessions, TERNA
- Philipp Kunze, Managing Director, BayWa r.e. Projects Greece
- Dimitris Triantafyllopoulos, Managing Director, Hellenic Hydrogen S.A.
- Vasilis Gregoriou, Chairman & CEO, Advent Technologies
- Moderator: Melissa Verykios, Governing Board Chair, Clean Hydrogen Partnership
16.15 - 16.30: Presentation on “DNV Hydrogen Forecast to 2050” by Elfride Covarrubias Villegas, Market Director, Italy and Eastern Mediterranean Energy Systems, DNV
16.30 - 17.30: Panel 4: The national Hydrogen Framework and decarbonization roadmap
The revised Greek NECP and the H2 strategy; The evolution of the Greek regulatory framework; An infrastructure decarbonization roadmap for Greece
- Yannis Vougiouklakis, Director, Strategy, PwC Greece
- Panagiotis Panousos, Energy Transition Senior Manager, DESFA
- Kyriakos Panopoulos, Principal Researcher, CPERI/CERTH
- Nikolas Ntavos, Co-Founder and Manager, CluBE
- Moderator: Michael Thomadakis, Chief Strategy & Development Officer, DESFA
Maria Rita Galli, CEO, DESFA